Testosterone is a hormone that have variety of functions in our body and its deficiency can have very serious consiquences aswell. Obesity, age and stress are usually responsible to reduce the level of testosterone hormone in the body. There are a lot of ways to Boost testosterone levels naturally and safely and one of them is taking testosterone supplements. The supplements are the products that contain ingredients that helps the testosterone to work efficiently in the body. They do this by acting as a stimulant to produce more testosterone or by preventing the conversion of testosterone into estrogen which is opposite of testosterone.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits, side effects and how to choose the best testosterone supplement for yourself in 2023.
Testosterone supplements booster are the products that contains ingredient that are used to increase the testosterone levels in the body or other hormones that are related to it. These supplements are usually available in different dosage form such as capsules, pills, powders and liquid as well. Some of the important ingredients that are usually present in the supplements are:
Vitamin D: Recent Studies have shown that Vitamin D supplements tend to increase the testosterone levels in the people which had low Vitamin D levels. This indicates that Vit D is essential ingredient in supplements.
Fenugreek: Fenugreek is a herb that has a lot of medicinal purposes and is being used medicinally from a long time. The ingredient known as furostanolic saponins is prensent in this herb. According to some studies this ingredient has the ability to boost the level of testosterone by inhibiting the enzyme which convert it into estrogen.
Ginger: It is a normal day use spice which is used for cooking purposes at home and it is also being used in the testosterone supplements. It has benificial activiy and act as anti inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is involved in the production of leutinising hormone which in turn stimulates testes to increases the production of testosterone in the body.
Zinc: A large number of enzymatic reactions in the body requires zinc mineral. One of the reaction in which zinc is involved is the production of testosterone in the body. It is cleared from this that zinc deficiency can result in the low level of testosterone in the body as it is involved in its production.
Ashwagandha: It is a very important herb which is being used to treat anxiety and stress. It helps in improving testosterone levels by decreasing the stress hormone cortisol and thus it is used in testosterone supplements . Cortisol hormone have a negative effect on the testosterone level in the body.
Some other important ingredients that are used in Testosterone supplements includes:
- D-Aspartic acid
- Horny goat weed
Best Testosterone supplements in the market:
According to my research, some of the best testosterone supplements present in the market currently are:
- Best overall: The Genius Brand Genius test: It provides 120 capsules per bottle. It costs 57.99$ per bottle, with a 30 days money back guarantee
- Best with Vitamin D: Nature made Vitamin D3: It provides 250 softgels per bottle . It costs 12.99$ per bottle with a 90 days money back guarantee
- Best with fenugreek: Now foods fenugreek: It provides 100 capsules per bottle . It costs 9.99$ per bottle with a 60 days money back guarantee
- Best with ginger: Pure Encapsulation Ginger extract: It contains 120 capsules per bottle. It costs 37.10$ per bottle with a 30 days money back guarantee
- Best with zinc: Thorne research Zinc Picolinate: It provides 60 capsules per bottle. It costs 11$ per bottle with a 30 days money back guarantee
- Best with ashwgandha: Garden of Life mykind Organics Ashwagandha Stress & Mood: It provides 60 tablets per bottle. It contains 18.19$ per bottle with a 30 days money back guarantee
How to choose best Testosterone Supplement for yourself:
There are many factors which should be considered before selecting the supplements. These are the factors you must consider in order to select supplement:
- Ingredients: Always look for the ingredients on the label that have proven significance in boosting testosterone levels in the body. Avoid those supplements containing those ingredients which are ineffective, harmful or banned.
- Dosage: Look for the dosage of the supplements which doesnot exceed the safety range. Avoid selecting such a supplement which has less or too much amount of an ingredient which can result in less effect or side effects respectively
- Quality: Look for the brands of the supplements so as to make sure that it is made following Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP). Avoid using supplement from Low level companies which has a risk of using low quality goods.
Benefits of Testosterone supplements:
The testosterone supplements have alot of benefits on health as they focus on increasing the level of testosterone in the body which is a very important hormone for health. The benefits regarding the use of testosterone supplements are:
- Increase Muscle mass and strength.
- Reduced body fat.
- Improve bone health.
- Good mood.
- Increase libido and sexual function.
Side effects of Testosterone Supplements:
The Testosterone supplements are considered safe and effective. But these supplements are usually taken under supervision of a healthcare professional. The side effects that usually occurs due to these supplements includes are due to the underlying medical conditions or because of other medications being used. These side effects includes:
- Weight loss
- Prostate cancer
- Liver damage
- Blood clots
However, the side effects are not severe most of the times.
How to use Testosterone Supplements effectively:
Testosterone supplements are very useful for your body. In order to use them effectively following tips should be followed:
- Follow the instructions given on the label of the supplement properly. Do not use more dose then as recommended in the label and always consult with your doctors or a pharmacist before taking supplements.
- Try to combine takin supplements with healthy diet and exercise as these will enhance the effects of supplements.
- Try to manage stress and maintain a proper sleep schedule before using these supplements as these can have negative impact on the supplements.
- Patience and consistency is the key, as these supplements do not show results within a few days. It can take sometime to work. You should monitor your results and then adjust the doses according to the results. Tests you can choose to monitor your testosterone levels includes blood tests, saliva tests or urine tests.
1.Are testosterone supplements legal in 2023?
Yes, testosterone supplements are legal in 2023 as long as they contains ingredients which are not banned by the country
2.Are testosterone supplements safe?
Yes, usually these supplements are safe provided that they are taken in recommended doses. However, side effects can occue in people who are suffering from certain medical conditions and taking certain medications
3.Do testosterone supplements actually work?
Testosterone supplement usually work . But there are certain factors which can disturb the working of testosterone supplements such as age, health, lifestyle and genetics.
4.How can i choose best testosterone supplements?
To choose best testosterone supplements, you should consider following factors such as ingredients,dosage,quality and reviews of the products
Hi, I’m Affan lateef , a pharmacist by profession. I have a degree in pharmacy and over 5 years of experience helping people achieve their health goals. I write about various topics like health, artificial intelligence in health, mental health, diet and weight loss. Follow me here on these platforms given below.