In order to treat variety of common ailments and conditions natural remedies have been used for centuries. As we know, traditional medicines pose a lot of side effects while these natural remedies don’t have such side effects and can be used to treat different common ailments safely. I will discuss different effective natural remedies to treat some of the common ailments that occur in everyday life.
Different factors including stress, tension and dehydration are the major causes for headache these days. In order to get relief from headache , try following home treatment
- Applying Hot or Cold compress to your forehead.
- Massaging your scalp and temples.
- Put some peppermint essential oil to your neck and temples.
- Also take Magnessium dietary supplement .
- Maintain a regular sleeping schedule.
- Create a peaceful bedtime routine.
- Alcohol and caffeine should be strictly prohibited before bedtime.
- Bedroom should be kept cold,dark and quiet.
- Add melatonin supplement to your diet.
Anxiety is one of the most common ailments often characterised by excessive worry and fear. In order to manage anxiety here are some natural remedies to follow:
- Work on deep breathing
- Practice mindfulness meditation
- Bath with Epsom salt
- Have some chamomile tea
- Lavender essential oil helps in promoting relaxation
4) Digestive tissues:
- Consume a diet rich in fiber.
- Drink a lot of water.
- To promote beneficial gut flora consume probiotics.
- Try ginger pills or ginger tea to relive from nausea.
- Having peppermint tea helps in relieving intestinal discomfort.
5) Flu and cold:
- Consume plenty of fluids like tea, broth and water.
- Get lots of rest
- To boost the immune system, elderberries can help
- Eucalyptus Oil can be used to alleviate congestion.
- To sooth a sore throat, use honey
6) Joint pain:
A warm or cold compress should be applied to the infected area.
- Turmeric supplement should be taken to reduce inflammation.
- Try low impact exercises like yoga or swimming.
- Use pain relieving essential oils like peppermint, lavender or ginger.
- To reduce inflammation, consume a diet rich in berries, leafy green and fatty fish.
7) Skin problems:
- Alovera gel can be used to soothe the skin.
- Add zinc supplement to your diet to lessen the inflammation.
- To treat acne , use tea tree oil.
- Use coconut oil on dry skin to hydrate it.
- Use saline nasal spray to clear nasal passage in case its blocked.
- Consume healthy diet such as fruits, vegetables which can help reduce the inflammation.
- To reduce inflammation, quercetin supplements are preferred.
- Try to avoid allergens which cause allergy i-e pollen, dander.
9) Menstrual cramps:
- To the lower abdomen, apply a heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Magnessium supplement can reduce cramp pain.
- Chamomile tea can also help in soothing the muscles.
- Regular exercising to reduce cramp by enhancing circulation.
10) High Blood Pressure:
Prefer healthy diet including fruits, vegetables.
- Reduce stress by exercising regularly.
- Lower sodium intake.
- Garlic supplements can help improving circulation. Increase garlic intake.
Hi, I’m Affan lateef , a pharmacist by profession. I have a degree in pharmacy and over 5 years of experience helping people achieve their health goals. I write about various topics like health, artificial intelligence in health, mental health, diet and weight loss. Follow me here on these platforms given below.